Call for Participants
Development Communication Society (SODEC) Nepal invites applications for Journalist training on Anti-corruption Reporting. The training organized under the project “Strengthening Citizen Engagement in Anti-Corruption Efforts (STREAC)” intends to develop the skills of the working journalists in anti-corruption and governance issues through investigative reporting.
The objectives are:
- Capacity building, sensitization and mentoring of competent mid-level journalists in investigative journalism to enhance their skills in in-depth anti-corruption reporting.
- Awarding fellowships to the selected journalists after the training program to prepare stories that will help establish evidence at the local and national levels.
Who can apply?
The training is open to the journalists from Doti and Surkhet districts that fulfill the following criteria:
- Demonstrate minimum of three years of active experience in the field of print, audio-visual or online journalism;
- Educational qualification of intermediate (10+2) level is required;
- Currently affiliated to a media organization and bears an active role;
How to apply?
For the application to be complete, following documents are required
- A complete CV
- A sample of your work, preferably on governance and/or anti-corruption reporting (the sample work can be submitted in Nepali, Doteli, Awadhi, West Tharu and English).
Please send the required documents by email to email@example.com or post it to Development Communication Society (SODEC) Nepal, Mathuri Sadan 3rd Floor, Rabi Bhawan, Kathmandu by 7th June 2017 (24th Jestha 2074).
SODEC-Nepal is sensitive to Gender Equality and Social Inclusion, thus, preference shall be given to women applicants and those from marginalized communities.
For enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01-4282694.
Applications are closed